CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2011/01/12

Wondrous Words

I can't believe it's already Wednesday! Geez, Louise, this week is scooting by so quickly.

Here we are to Wednesday Words. Speaking of words (tee hee), I only have one word that I can honestly say that I don't and won't say. That would be the "N" word. Have you heard the news about the publisher in Australia who is going to publish Mark Twain's Huck Finn sans the "N" word. Now, even though I won't say the word (my own personal upbringing, as my dad's family is all from southern Texas), I still can't believe that they would change the book. I do believe it has a purpose in the text, and it truly shows the racism. I don't feel that it glorifies it at all. Well, that's my opinion.

Words, such a funny thing, how powerful they are. Why do we give some words more power than other words?

Well, enough seriousness over words. Today I am giving you a list of my favorite silly words :) I use them all, and I just love the sound of them!

woebegone
froufrou
glabrous
squabble
spoonerism
chortle
zoiks
yahoo (usually followed by buckeroo)
scuttlebut
galumph
canoodle


No particular order or reason to the words, other than they make me smile :) Some of the words make me think of certain people. And, they I've said it. KISS

No comments: