CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2011/01/25

This I Believe

I love NPR. I love the series, This I Believe! Whether it's light-hearted though thoughtful like always treating the pizza dude right, or it's serious and deep, I love listening to the essays.

With my 7th graders, I always have them listen to a few of my favorite younger people essays, and my most favorite is an incredible little boy, who for his kindergarten's 100th day of class brought in 100 beliefs rather than 100 marbles or pieces of cereal. Of course, for the radio air time, they shortened his down to 30 (which is how many I have the kiddos write). You can hear his essay HERE.

You should definitely look around a the essays! Some are from famous people, some are from us regular folks, too. They are about all sorts of topics, and from all ages. You could even submit your essay, and maybe you would be chosen and recorded and played on NPR. (If that happens, let me know, OK?)

I have yet to submit one. It's on my list to do some day when I write the essay I want to submit :) But, for now, I will give you my thirty truths that I feel right this moment.

1) I believe that you can't make every person happy.
2) I believe perfectionism is a disease.
3) I believe music makes everything OK.
4) I believe nature is spirtual.
5) I believe you can really do whatever you set your heart to do.
6) I believe forgiveness is freedom more for the person who gives it.
7) I believe all wounds can heal, some just take a lot longer.
8) I believe love does make the world go around.
9) I believe animals can be family, too.
10)I believe losing weight is my life lesson.
11)I believe everyone has a talent.
12)I believe family isn't just blood.
13)I believe kindness is necessary.
14)I believe cooking is joyful.
15)I believe people can change their minds.
16)I believe friendship is true.
17)I believe everyone should spend more time outside.
18)I believe natural foods taste better.
19)I believe gas shouldn't be so expensive.
20)I believe everyone should have a passion.
21)I believe surprises rock.
22)I believe I will write a novel someday.
23)I believe people should move more.
24)I believe everyone should work at a job that they love.
25)I believe we should learn to forgive ourselves.
26)I believe I am a dreamer.
27)I believe some people should not be parents.
28)I believe technology makes our life busier.
29)I believe all houses should have big huge porches.
30)I believe life can be simple.

And, with that, KISS!

No comments: