CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/03/23

We all know what SNAFU means...


Pic from CNN website

     As many of you may have heard, a nuclear submarine crashed into the ship Cody is on!! What the heck? How does that seriously happen with today’s technology?
     You can read all about it HERE.
     Cody emailed right away in the morning to let me know he was OK because he knew I would hear about it on the news.
     He told us that he thought it was an explosion of some sort and then they immediately could smell gasoline when it happened. He was in his berthing (living quarters), and they were watching a movie at around 1 a.m. his time when his ship was hit.
     When I first heard about this and researched it, I immediately found it stupid and somewhat funny, not in a knee-slapper sort of way, mind you. But, I guess more like ridiculous!
     Now that I have had a few days to really digest all of this. I am MAD. It could’ve been REALLY bad.
     What if the entire boat exploded? They did after all hit near the gas storage, at least 25,000 gallons of the diesel is now in the ocean.
     What if the boat had sunk? You know, like HEY you sank my battleship! Hello, they have over 1000 sailors and marines on that ship!
     Thankfully nobody was critically injured, just sounds like some bumps and bruises for some of the 200 sailors aboard the sub.
     And, I thought I had to be worried about terrorists!!?! SIGH

No comments: