CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/03/17

This I believe...


     I recently finished reading an incredibly inspiring book, This I Believe: The Personal Philsophies of Remarkable Men and Women.
     It's a book that is based on the NPR series with the same name.
     There are actually now two books! And, I am eager to read the second. The essays are from famous and not famous people!
     I actually decided to have my students write these essays, as well, after we had read and listened to some. I was BLOWN away by what my students wrote. Seriously, I was moved to tears by their beliefs and the eloquent way for which they stated them.
     You should check out and listen to some online! Go to the THIS I BELIEVE site!
     I wrote both an essay and a list. The list was inspired from this great story about a kindergarten student who wrote a list of 100 things he believed for the 100th day of school.
     I loved the essays by Tony Hawk, Elie Wiesel, Helen Keller, Albert Einstein, and Sarah Adams (BE COOL TO THE PIZZA DUDE), and soooo many more. I love both reading and listening to them, and I hope you enjoy them, too!
I may even submit my essay, but for now I will share with you my list!

Trisha's Top Twenty Truths

This I believe...
All children deserve to feel loved.

Becoming a parent is the greatest thing I have ever done in my entire life.

People should be kind to each other.

One person can make a HUGE difference.

Failures teach bigger lessons than successes.

Everything happens for a reason.

Random acts of kindness do make the world a brighter and better place.

It’s never as bad as it first seems.

Parents can put way too much pressure on their kids.

Love is not biology.

People can change if they want to.

What you put into this life is what it will return to you.

Every person has a purpose.

Chaos can be organized.

Music feeds the soul.

Nature is true beauty.

Tough times are NEVER forever.

Travel feeds curiosity.

Apathy is far worse than hate.

Adults need to play.

…I believe this.

No comments: