CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/03/25

Care Packages and all!

     So, as most of you know, my son is a Marine. I send him and also the son of my best friend a care package every two weeks. I always send stuff that makes their lives easier, and usually it’s a lot of random things! Lots of snacks, movies, our local paper, drinks, magazines, and whatever else I find and think they might like.
     Well, anyhow, our little one decided that she was going to send a special package to her big brother. She’s so proud of him!!
I was a little worried about what was in the box, but I didn’t want to break it open because she had even taped it all up! I do have to fill out a declaration form in order to send a package to Cody, since it’s international and all. I ended up writing toys and pictures, although I really wasn't sure.
     Cody did just get the package, and he said it made his day! He said it was pretty funny to see all the big and tough guys standing around him checking out his special package, and that they all sounded like they were a bunch of women at a baby shower with their ooooooos and aaaaaaaas.
     On the outside of the box she wrote, “I love my big bro Cody! Hez in the US Marinz! Dont forget to send me prezens!”
Inside the box were lots of pictures she drew of the two of them together, and a couple of toys, two lollipops, a small American Flag, a dollar bill (this was HUGE because she loves money!), and an envelope with a card. The card was blank, and on the envelope it said, “Fil out and send bac to me.” LOL!!!! Too cute!
      Cody said he is going to never spend the dollar bill and always keep it with him, and he plans on sending her that card back, too. She absolutely loves it when she gets mail from him!
     I am so proud of her for being so thoughtful and kind. And, how cool is it that she made a whole bunch of marines smile!

No comments: