CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/03/28

BEST DINNER EVER!!! My new favorite restaurant in town!


     Rick and I decided on the spur of the moment to go out and eat tonight, and so we aimlessly headed down to town.
     It's not like we have a ton of choices, and the ones that we do have, we often don't agree or both aren't in the mood to eat at this place or that place.
     In the end, we decided to try the new Canvas Cowboys Grill, and let me tell you, we were MORE THAN pleasantly surprised.
     First off, we pulled up to witness some bullwhip demonstrations, so that was a nice touch! LOL
     I truly believe that Bink Picard has something SUPER special going here!
     Honestly, this is one of THE best dinners I have ever had in my entire life. NO LIE.
     Rick affirms that his steak was, "Without a doubt the best steak I have ever had in my life." That's coming from Mr. Picky!!!
     Many of you know that I am from Texas, and that my beloved grandfather, Pa (as I call him), is a person who I consider the best BBQer on the planet. Although he is no longer with us, he was a true Texan cowboy through and through, and one of the best cooks. Why? Because he believed in taking his time and making things "just right" as he would say.
     Well, I guarantee if my Pa was still alive, I would take him to Canvas Cowboys to eat, and he would be satisfied and pleased, and let me tell you that's the truest compliment I could ever give.
     I can't wait to take my dad (another BBQer extraordinaire)there on his next visit!!
     Let's talk about the ambience first. Well, the decor is some of the most incredible artwork, which you can check out online. My favorites were the Sam Elliot and Tom Selleck pieces. AMAZING.
     What's really cool is that we were able to hear the story behind some of the artwork. I always love knowing the details, and what an honor to hear them from the artist himself!
     I also LOVED that the seats were old bleachers from the Stampede! Talk about a clever way to keep it real and connected!
     OK, now for the meal...We both had to bring over half of our dinners home! I had a 10 ounce steak (Rick's was 16 ounces). Normally the portion for mine should be 8 ounces. And, the beef is bought locally!
     Along with our steaks we also got salad (all fresh veggies and greens), beans and rice (with a sweet taste), a roll, a baked potato, red potato salad (fresh and perfect), and a piece of apple pie (that we also brought home).
     Talk about a plate FULL of food! Holy cow! And, I can't believe how reasonable the prices are!!! My meal was $19.95, and Rick's was $29.99, which included Rick's Mountain Dew. I just drank water.
     Here's the funny moment of the night. Before we got our food, I told Rick I thought it was funny that they didn't give you a steak knife, when it was supposed to be steak for dinner. And, I figured it would come on our dinner plate.
     When our dinners arrived, no steak knife. Then I used my bread knife to cut it, and HELLO! Can someone say TENDER????!! Definitely NO steak knife needed!
     And, let me tell you...the food was exceptionally tasteful. I, without a doubt, will be back! Next time, I will order and try the ribs!
     To end our delightful dinner, right about the time that we both felt like we might pop, Bink serenaded us with a little Johnny Cash. I had no idea that was coming, and let me tell you...it made my night!
     Yup, Bink's the cook, artist, and entertainment! He does have a nice support team of two other people, a waitress and prep cook.
     So, they are open on Friday and Saturdays starting at 5 p.m. for dinner, and then on Mondays for lunch and dinner.
     I can't wait to have a girls night there, and the only thing, I would like is a cold beer or nice glass of red wine.
     Hey, when you go visit, tell Bink that you Trisha sent ya, OK?!
     Oh, and if you go on Saturday night, you might get to see Bink's horse! How's that for authentic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE appreciate your comments. Here are a couple goals we have to enhcance the dining adventure some. The outfit has endeavored to pay its own way from the start and will apply for a beer and wine license soon as is fiscally reasonable. Plus, if an energized eater would like a special cut of steak they can call in on Wednesday with a request, make a reservation and the it'll get grilled when they show up!! Thanks a bunch!! Bink and Team