CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/07/30

New babies!

     OK, so maybe they are not babies in age or even babies period, but our two new horses are my new babies!!!! I love them like kids already.
      As you know, we have been taking horse lessons all summer, and finally we also found the perfect horses for us.
      I do love Rick's other horses, but they are too frisky for someone who doesn't have TONS of horse confidence just YET.
      Anyhow, we have now added Smoking Joe, a 10-year-old quarterhorse, and Secret Mystery (formerly known as Dirty Little White Girl, but renamed by our little one), a 10-year-old Pony of America - POA.
      My new babies are gentle! They are loving and follow me around everywhere! I just LOVE them to pieces. I didn't really know that you could feel so much love for horses!
      Joe is amazing! He is completely broke. I hopped up onto him (OK, maybe it wasn't exactly a hop, more like a grunting belly slide move).
     Then I rode him around! I couldn't believe how I could talk to him and he would do things by voice commands only!

          SMOKING JOE




      Secret Mystery is just as beautiful and wonderful and gentle! She is a perfect kid's horse!!

          Secret Mystery


      Now, I can't wait for us to go out into the hills! We are already planning a family horse camping trip up in the mountains next month!


      P.S. Speaking of new babies, I am including a pic of SOME of the baby peacocks that we have. We only have a gazillion baby chickens AND peacocks!!!

1 comment:

Kendal said...

Yay for ponies! I'm glad you found one that works with your riding level and sure seems to boost your confidence.