CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/07/07

Camping and the computer???!!

     So, we headed off camping, and one of my FAVORITE things about camping is being unplugged!
     Our phones didn't have service, so there were no calls, voicemails, or text messages for the long weekend.
     I read a ton while we were up there. Picture this...sitting in a lounge chair, surrounded by everything green and beautifully colored wildflowers, reading, reading, reading. Nice.
     But, I will admit that each night we watched a movie!!!! LOL!!! We busted out the computer, settled into the tent, and watched some movies that were on our list to see.
     The first night we watched Drillbit Taylor. Although it was totally predictable, it had some funny parts in it.
     I LOVED the three young male actors in the show. They were hysterical and quite talented.
     Another highlight was when the three boys were hiring a bodyguard, they had a cameo appearance of Adam Baldwin who played the bodyguard in the 80s movie My Bodyguard. That was clever :)
     The second night we watched Charlie Bartlett. Let me just say...I LOVED THIS MOVIE.
     The guy who plays Charlie rocked! Anton Yelchin is the guy's named, and when I researched him, I found out that I have actually watched him in many other movies, and just didn't notice him, I guess.
     OK, so the movie is sort of predictable, but I just love the quirky characters and the reality of it all. The movie made me laugh, and both as an audience member and a person in the education field.
     On our last night we watched Vantage Point. Holy cow, loved this action-packed movie, and I did call the ending before it happened, so it's somewhat predictable, but I love the idea of seeing something from many points of view. I like that style.
     So, even though life was VERY relaxing and virtually technology-free for our camp trip, we did catch a few flicks, and I am glad we did!

No comments: