CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/07/01

Free as a bird!

      I love riding the motorcycle; it's one of my favorite things to do in this world.
      But, I have a bit of a rant...What's the deal with people riding motorcycles with virtually no clothes?
      The other day I saw a guy and girl riding a bike, and he was dressed in shorts and flip flops, and she had on a bikini top, shorts, and flip flops.
      I couldn't believe it! I get that people are hot and maybe want some sun, but HELLO???!!!
      Many years ago, I rode a motorcycle down to a concert wearing shorts, and when I got off the bike I burned my leg badly.
      The really bad thing is that I had a burn like that from when I was a teenager, too. I guess I didn't learn from that time either.
      Then a couple of summers ago I was driving back from Twisp, and I watched a motorcycle wreck when a deer jumped off the hill and ran into a couple driving down the pass.
      The motorcycle skidded on its side and slammed down over the edge. The two riders were OK, surprisingly.
      BUT, even though it was the heat of the summer, a VERY hot afternoon, they were both wearing their leather.
      Their helmets were scratched up, and they both did have some road rash and burns in places that the leather either wore aware or wasn't at.
      The lady wasn't wearing gloves, so her hands were pretty ripped up, but really they walked away basically unscathed.
      Now, change the picture to that couple I saw the other day...YIKES!
      Ever since, I have always worn pants and boots (of course, our helmets) at the least, even in the ridiculously hot weather.
     So, be as a free as a bird, and one not skinned alive!

No comments: