CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/03/24

Oh, Shooting Star, shall I make a wish?

     Don’t you love it when life is just rolling along, just rolling, rolling, rolling. That’s what is happening right now for me.
     I have everything jiving just right. I have been accomplishing MANY things that originally were on the “To Do” list to do later!
     My job is settled, and the kids are just at that point in the year where everything seems to click, and the writing rocks, and we are exploring new stuff to read.
     I have personally been in creative mode, lots of new personal writing, and even some cool new assignments for kids.
     Yearbooks are done, and we are working on literary magazines for both the high and middle school, and, of course, the senior edition of our newspaper for graduation.
     I have been eating well and exercising. I feel like I am growing healthy. I feel good and strong.
     I have de-cluttered my life with many things that I tossed out or re-organized both at work and at home.
     And, one of the BEST things out of my life is the constant conflict with bio-mom. Our new arrangement (been several months now by her demand), where the bio-mom has nothing to do with me suits me FAR better than I ever expected.
     Now, I can just enjoy my step-daughter and not have to worry about stepping on toes or complex communication with her bio-mom. What a load off!
     I still see VERY selfish things that bio-mom does (like she is so set on me not keeping HER daughter, that she actually asked my friend if she could pay her to babysit this summer for her, as opposed to HER daughter being able to be at her own house with her own things) and things that are not in the best interest of my step-daughter, but I realize I can't change bio-mom, so instead I just let it go, which is a far more healthy for me! And, I am focusing my energy towards empathy for bio-mom.
     Life is just in a nice, soothing, rhythm right now. I am not silly to think that I won’t have a hiccup in the road, but for now, I am enjoying this calm.
     What would I change about life right now? What wish would I have made on last night’s shooting star? Just that Cody was home. I miss that little fart!

No comments: