CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/03/15

In a holding pattern

     I feel like I am limbo, not like purgatory or anything negative, just more like holding my own.
     People who know me and my situation, know that I moved out of my fiancee's house (after living there for 4 years) last summer.
     To really put things in perspective, when I moved there, we had only been going out for 6 months. Had we lived in the same town and dated, I highly doubt we would've moved in together in such a short time.
     But, since I made the big move from Leavenworth to here, it seemed natural for us to just live together, rather than me get my own place, and then down the road move in with him.
     SO, last summer I moved out, thinking that I also wanted to end our relationship. Instead we sort of decided to start over...dating and all.
     In the midst of all of this we had our kids to think about, too, my two boys, and his daughter (who, I VERY much feel like is a daughter to me).
     We stayed committed to them, to ourselves, and our relationship. Now, we are coming to some new places in our relationship.
     First, I would definitely say that we are stronger and closer than we have ever been. Our relationship feels more right than ever.
     So, what's the problem, right? Well, I wonder if it is so good because we have our own space (literally and figuratively). And, if that is what is behind this balance, then how to we create that if we get married and live together again?
     He has been giving me much more pressure as of late, and, of course, sees the opportunity with my son moving to Leavenworth this summer.
     Even my step-daughter asks me on a regular basis when I will move back in. She tells me all the time how she wants me to live there, too. It's cute.
     There have even been times where I have made the decision to stay at my own house, even when Jordie is gone to his dad's, and I could stay at Rick's. It's not that I don't want to stay there; it's just that I want to sleep in my own bed, or have some quiet time to myself.
     For the most part, we do spend most of our time together at one or the other's house. We kind of have a routine that works really well. This summer is definitely bringing some unknown territory to us.
     Like I said, I feel like I am in limbo, in between and really not knowing what's best.

No comments: