CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/03/25

OCHO is the way to go!

     I have never really been into numbers, but I do realize that they have meaning and symbolism, and you can read one of today's blogs on my other site where I talk about the number 8 (http://trishaweighsin.blogspot.com/2008/03/magic-number-8.html).
     So, writing this other blog prompting me to do a little digging about the number 8.
     You can check out one of the sites I found lots of info at: http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2007/04/number-symbolism-part-iii-numbers-6-10/.
     It is believed that since the number 7 represents completion, then 8 is considered going on beyond nature and the world. So, 8 is often considered to be related to paradise.
      It has all sort of religious connections. Muslims believe that there are 7 hells but 8 heavens. Buddhists believe 8 is lucky, and it is thought that is related to the lotus flower and its 8 petals.
     And, did you know that the square of any odd number subtracted by 1 is always a multiple of 8??? 7 x 7 = 49 - 1 = 48 (8 x 6).
     And, there are all sorts of cultural connections to the number 8, too!
     As well, it's the number of perfection (infinity) which reminds me that I am afflicted with pefectionism (although, this is greatly improving!!!).
     It even has all sorts of biblical connections, too. (http://osdir.com/ml/culture.autism/2006-10/msg00070.html).
     Well, for now, in this year of 2008...I just like the number 8! I can't wait for 8-8-8 this summer :)

No comments: