CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/05/06

My baby is not so much a baby anymore :(



     Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear, CODY. Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!
     Could it truly be? Can my BABY be 19 years old today? SIGH. I don't feel like I am old enough to have a young man that age.
     Boy, we have come a LONG way since he was born back in 1989 just five weeks before my graduation from high school.
     This is the first year that I have not been able to be with him on his birthday. I was telling him on the phone how that made me sad, and he just laughed and reminded me that he is growing up, and that's what kids do!
     It doesn't make it any easier!!! My kids are such precious gifts in my life. I have been so lucky to have such incredible human beings with whom to share this life.
     So, we sent cards out last week, so hopefully he will receive those in time for his b-day. Of course, we enclosed gift cards to some of his favorite places to eat!
     The really cute thing is that my little one picked out a card, and she was writing Cody's name, and then I reminded her to write her name. She finished and handed the card to me, and I opened it up, and before her name she wrote LOVE. I told that was cool, and she informed me, "Well, you know I know how to spell love, and I love my brother so that's why I wrote it in his card."
     Just so matter-of-fact. I love little ones.
     I was going to send a big package, but he still hasn't receive the BIG one I sent right before Valentine's Day. Gotta love the military mail. Although now he has more of a permanent address, so it seems like mail is ending up where and when it is supposed to be!
     I have some special things that I will send in a couple of weeks, and what will be cool about that is that he will think his birthday is all finished! Tee hee!
     Also, I deposited birthday money into his account, so he could have fast access to it without having to rely on the snail mail.
     Then yesterday I found a special florist who focuses their business on the Marines at Camp Pendleton. I will use her service often, I imagine! So, I sent him a little something special.
     He was a little worried that he would receive some extra PT for that, but he said he is willing to take his chances.
     I have included a pic of my baby, not looking so much like a baby! It's a bit fuzzy because it's a cell phone pic. Enjoy!

No comments: