CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/05/25

Friday night at the movies

     Friday we did go to the show and watched the latest Indiana Jones flick. I loved it!!
     Of course, I am a huge Harrison Ford fan (and, he is a far better choice for Dr. Jones than Nick Nolte or Tom Selleck!), so that helps. I liked the storyline, and it was even surprising.
     I missed that Sean Connery wasn't in this one, as he is one of my favorites, too.
     I especially loved how they dealt with Harrison's age by making jokes throughout related to how old he was.
     The only changes I would've made...I could've done without Marion Ravenwood (Her acting really didn't add anything to the show; she was much better in the earlier versions. I realize she has had some tough personal times, and I was glad to see that she had another chance to act.) and I would've LOVED to see them bring back one of my favorite characters Jonathon Ke Quan. I loved his character, and I think they could've found a clever way to reprise his role!
     The cute thing was before the show as I was waiting to get snacks for Rick and water for me, I was talking to one of my students. He was STOKED about seeing the show.
     Then we talked about how when the original came out, that he was not even alive!!! I was only ten, and I remember going to the theater to see it!!
     I was also thinking while we watched the movie how the plot will lend itself to a new and updated fun ride at Disney Land!!
     The showing on Friday night was PACKED with all ages. At the end of the show, the crowd applauded the performance, including me!

No comments: