CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/05/18

Baby boy, on the way!

     Today we went to Rick's oldest daughter's baby shower. She is due within two weeks, but we all think the little man will come earlier...hopefully some time this week!
     I just love baby showers. Grandma Kim hosted it with Denise (a fellow colleague of mine). I just love Kim's house and yard, and it was a perfect setting for a beautiful time.
     I took Grandma Pat and our little one (who is soon-to-be an aunt for the third time, and she is only 6!). It was a nice girls' day out.
     Sarah had a blast running around with Sadie, Olivia and Jasmine. Especially fun was Sarah discovering all the nooks and crannies of Kim's place since that is where she will be spending time this summer. I am so glad it's just a hop and a skip from my place!
     The food was yummy (especially the fruit kabobs), and the ice tea was perfect, and the weather mellowed out. IDEAL.
     It was fun to spend some out of school time with Julie and Sandi, who are also teachers at Sarah's Montessori school. Those two are such a hoot, especially when together!
     What I really love about this gathering is that there is no issue with all of the mixed families being together.
     I sat next to Rick's ex-wife, Jill. We had such great conversations about all sorts of things, and we always find that we have more in common than we expect. I like her and her mom, Gloria a lot. It is such fresh air to have a civil and kindly relationship with one of Rick's exes.
     Again, it's all about the kids and being good to each other for that, if for nothing else. But, luckily with Jill, it's never strained. We are thankfully in a different place.
     It also makes me appreciate my ex's girlfriend, as she and I are in a good place, too.
     What I am REALLY excited about is the coming of the grandson; we are all thrilled and looking forward to meet the little guy! Soon! Stay tuned!!

No comments: