CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/05/11

Mama, that's me!

     Mama's Day. I find it to be a bit of an oxymoron this year, good grief :)
     It's sad to be away from my oldest and youngest on this day, as my kiddos are my world.
     Cody did call me this morning to tell me how much he loved me and that just made me happy and sad because all I really want is a big old hug from him!
     My little one, now that's complicated. We have joint custody, but when Mother's Day happens to land on her bio mom's week, well, I don't get to see or talk to her at all on Mother's Day.
     In the world of Mother's Day, step-moms don't count, at least not if you ask bio-moms. Thankfully that's not the case when you ask the kids!!
     My little girl is soooo stinking cute! She made me a Mother's Day present and invited me to her Mother's Tea at her preschool. I wasn't able to attend because I was in Seattle on a field trip with kids, but I was just so touched that she was so emphatic about inviting me.
     Her teachers told me that she was just so matter-of-fact about having two moms and needing to make two presents and have two invitations. That touches my heart.
     In the end, I had mixed feelings about missing the Mother's Tea, but I know it was probably for the best because even though she wanted both her moms there, her bio mom wouldn't have been real happy about my attendance, and I know my step-daughter would've felt that negative energy. So, it worked out for the best. And, it matches the old adage that it's the thought that counts!
     I appreciate that Rick has gone out of his way to make this day special. He was so cute when he told me how much he loved me for being such a good mom.
     So between Rick and Jordie this has been a relaxing and good day in which I feel appreciated!!
     Overall: Quite a bit of good and a tad of grief, Mother's Day 2008.

No comments: