CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/02/21

Not-so-evil STEP-Mommy

     In searching out people like me, I have come across lots of fun and interesting stuff out there in the step-parent world. Mostly I find people who have inherited step-kids that see step-parents as monsters or the typical Disney scenario. Thanks a lot, WALT...I know you had problems with your mom, but GEEZ, you sure give step-moms a bad name!
     I have found a few instances much like mine, where the step-child loves and adores the step-parent, and the animosity is only between bio-mom and step-mom.
     And, even that animosity is unfounded, not ever related to the child or how the child is treated by the step-parent, just a matter of jaundiced behavior on the part of bio-mom.
     I hold out that my beautiful and intelligent step-daughter will not fall victim to the poison that she undoubtedly(and SADLY) hears about me, including being told what she can and cannot call me.
     So, I do find strength in others who have chosen to love a child not biologically belonging to them, and who continue to do so, even when bio-mom tries to create conflict.
     I did come across this great site with artwork dedicated to the "other mother." Although, thankfully I could NOT relate to many of the pieces, I could to some. I especially love #23 and #24.



http://www.othermother.com/html/thumbnails.html I have included this link under my links list, too.

No comments: