CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/02/26

Best compliment EVER!

     I love the Montessori school. I only wish that my step-daughter would've been able to attend there full-time this year.
     I am impressed with the love and learning that happens there. What's really cool is that I have for many years used some of the similar techniques in my own high school classroom. It's a lot to do with Multiple Intelligences.
     When I earned my Master's, I actually focused my degree in Creative Arts and Learning. For sure, that was some of the best training I received as far as teaching goes!
     Anyhoot, back to Montessori. I can easily identify in my high school classes kids that attended Montessori when they were younger. I was so fascinated with Montessori that I actually read a superb biography on Maria Montessori.
     So, we went to our conference last Friday at the Montessori, and I just loved it when the teachers shared with us that our little one often runs her own school during job time with some of the younger kids as her students! Too cute!
     I asked her about playing school at Montessori, and she told me that she wanted to be a teacher like me and especially have a classroom like mine. Too sweet.

No comments: