CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/02/22

Kissing a goat!!!

     Today was the culmination of the FFA week at our school! I am all about participating and supporting all of our kids in all that they do.
     So, we had a Kiss the Pig (which ended up being a goat)Contest at our school. For the past few years, I have always chosen a specific teacher (changes each year) to rally the kids into donating to his can!
     This year my best friend and fellow teacher Kathy Bryson and I joked around about getting each other.
     But, then today I found out that she was really on top of it!!! TOO FUNNY!
     We had so much fun today! She paraded her kids in their marching band hats into my classroom to make a substantial donation. Then we battled it out in the hallway getting donations for each other's cans.
     I don't think I have laughed as much as I did today in a long time!
     In the end, my can had over $100 in it! I did not hear how much was in hers, and I know that all the teachers and students brought in over $300 for our FFA kids!
     I did have to kiss Flower a small little goat, and it was worth all the fun we had today. To make matters even more funny, I wore a football helmet without the face mask.
     I did this because a couple of years ago I lobbied and had Zach Spaet kiss the goat, but his goat was aggressive (and smelly), and he headbutted him, so I wasn't taking any chances!!!
     I am glad I have such good friends, and I am in good company for those who have kissed a farm animal for our FFA. Good times, good memories, fun.

No comments: