CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/02/10

Bottles by Bradley

     I had been trying to figure out what I was going to do as our family contribution to the auction coming up February 29th. (More info to follow!!!)
     I originally was thinking about making altered books, which I love to give as presents. In searching around for some of those ideas, I also found cool altered books that were shadow box picture frames on the inside.
     Then when I was researching ideas for Valentines cards, I came across altered paint cans. Those were cool, but not exactly what I was wanting. THEN, on one site I discovered altered bottles, specifically Starbucks Frap bottles!
     Oh my gosh! We have had so much fun brainstorming ideas and making all sorts of them. Once the creativity starts...it really goes!
     Our auction theme is Hawaiian, so I am making some cute tropical ones (filled with tropical Mike and Ikes, chocolate covered macademia nuts, dried pineapple, and I have decided on the last... a toss-up between Hawaiian coffee, gum or crackseed)to include in a beach bag with towels and a tanning gift certificate.

     I am also going to make a patriotic bundle including more. And, my girlfriend liked them so much that I started making a set of coffee ones to go with her coffee basket for the auction. What's really cool is that she has a ginormous tea cup and saucer that she is going to put everything in!!
     I even made some Valentines ones to give as gifts this year. I have all sorts of ideas for themes to make lots more: Sports, tools, fishing, St. Patrick's Day (with lottery cards), movies. You could even make ones centered around babies, weddings, graduations, birthdays, etc.
     Anyhow, for now I am having fun with this "recycled" gift!!

No comments: