CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/02/12

Diamonds ruff the trump...

      Let's start with American Idol, since we just watched it this evening.
      First off, as I always like to know the scoop (that journalist in me), I decided to research a bit into the rules and such to the show.
      Most of the American Idols, I haven't really thought too much about, and actually I end up liking someone who is voted off a few rounds before the final.
      Which as I see it, can be a blessing in that the artist is not bound to a specific record label for life (OK, I know a bit of hyperbole...).
      Anyhoot, I found out that, in fact, a person who had recorded an album prior could actually try out (and potentially win) American Idol. So, much for the concept that it is "raw" talent, diamonds don't necessarily abound in the rough, but ironically diamonds are considered the trump card, yes?
      We will find that the top finalists are stacked with talent, which isn't a really bad thing, and even if someone had a record that failed miserably (mostly due to marketing, I suppose), then by all means, give 'em a second chance! And, technically they are following the rules...it just says that they cannot have a current recording contract.
      BUT, don't sell me a show about fresh talent...sort of like how we take over professional basketball players to the Olympics. HOW does that work exactly?

No comments: