CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/02/10

A benefit of split families


     I never thought I would think that...but, in my effort to focus on the positive, I am realizing how many things can be positive in our split family situation.
     Since our little girl is in both a pre-school and Kindergarten, we would've been making 70 Valentines this year! Oh my goodness. I actually have a couple of friends who are in that situation.
     But instead, we are making 35 and her birth mom is making the other half for the other school!
     I have always made homemade cards with my kids, and we even sent one from this year's batch to Cody. I know he will smile when he receives it, and boy what memories it will bring back!
     Making these cards this year was a blast, because I was more the "supervisor" since our little one could do most of the work on her own. I just kept her organized.
     I did have to tie the pencils, and I did write the saying on each, but she did all the rest. She told me her favorite part was gluing on the googly eyes. Then we had a bunch leftover, so she made some very interesting googly eye creations!
     Today I was thinking how what a positive aspect for my step-daughter. She has the opportunity to make Valentines at two houses. We had such a bonding time while doing them, her laughter, funny faces, and concentration at times made me smile and think that she is a lucky girl to hopefully have this happy experience times two!

No comments: