CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/01/10

Smore snow

Some more snow? I am a snow lover, but really I am ready for it to go away. I know all of the environmental aspects and needing a good watershed, blah, blah. But, really enough already. I used to live in Leavenworth, so I am highly aware of what it is like to be buried under TONS of snow. SIGH. Let's all dig out our shovels.

The snow today impeded the fire trucks in arriving to my friend's home, which did burn to the ground. The family (animals included) are all OK, but they lost everything. And, if I hear one more time that they have insurance, I think I might barf. For real, you think the insurance is kicking in instantly? Not even...how about just surviving the next couple of days and weeks (and, in this lovely snow, needing warm coats and all the accessories).

How about this one...Brewster closed school down today because they had too much snow, but I heard that they still were keeping their sporting events this evening. I AM CONFUSED. But, Lake Roosevelt had a late start on Tuesday because the roads were too dangerous to bring children on busses to school, and then they came over here to play basketball games and drive back on those same busses at 9 p.m. GO FIGURE.

Or even better...the city that I live and drive in makes me feel like I need four-wheel drive to navigate the ruts and uneven ground. But, what I really like is how the snow plows come through and bury you in, even after you just shoveled out. OR...how about that my car is park near the road, and every morning is covered in dirt and gravel. Grrrrrrr.

I am not all grumpy about the snow. I do love the beauty of snow, and it is peaceful to just sit and watch it. I love making snow angels and men, or forts to hide in during huge snowball fights! I love to ski, both downhill and especially cross-country (but, my butt is not a huge fan of snowboarding). Sledding rocks. Yeah, snow CAN be SUPER, but right now, I am just tired of it.

No comments: