CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/01/13

Benefits of the writers on strike...

     So, all of the writers are on strike, and if you are not a huge tv junkie, it really doesn't affect you. I like reality shows (I KNOW...), which have little writing as compared to a normal tv show. But, I do miss some of my favorites that Rick and I love watching like Bones and House. Good news, though, Prison Break is back on tomorrow night.
     Back to the benefits of the writers' strike. The movies right now (not the dvds, although we did watch a couple of good movies lately, we have pretty much watched everything at Blockbuster that we would want to watch). The movies are exploding!
     I have so many I want to go and see. We are planning on going Friday night to see The Bucket List starring two of my all-time favorite actors, but that is just a hole in the proverbial bucket of movies at this point.
          27 Dresses *Cute
          Mad Money *Chick flick
          Cloverfield *Creepty
          Untraceable * Real spooky, as in could this really happen?
          Jumper *I would love to teleport!
          Rambo *Yes, I am curious about this one.
          Be Kind Rewind *This looks hilarious. Of course, I love Jack Black (a local boy) and Danny Glover!!! The concept for this movie just makes me crack up. How refreshing!!
          The Other Boleyn Girl * I have read EVERY book of Philippa Gregory, and this cast rocks!!! I can't wait for others to now discover her amazing historical fiction novels!!!
          10,000 BC *I love these EPIC sorts of movies!!!
          Stop Loss *I know people who have really experienced this!
     That makes eleven movies I want to see starting this weekend, although some won't be out until March. Wonder if the writers will be back to work by then?
     It's pretty crazy to think that the Golden Globes were announced in a press conference. BUT, you know what? That's OK by me. Those shows are a bit ridiculous when you truly consider how much money is spent.

No comments: