CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/01/15

Dems the Berries

Tonight the Democratic debate is on MSNBC starting at 6 p.m. I am eager to watch it for all of the swirling controversy. I like the billing as the “Showdown in Vegas” because it reminds me of the big boxing matches. Are you reaaaaaaaaaady to rumble?

And, it leads to all sorts of witty clichés about the debate. Things like: The real-action at Vegas tonight won’t be at the high-dollar tables or Democrats lay their cards down on the table. And, now to continue on with the Vegas lingo, we have the race and gender cards being dealt more regularly as the entire brouhaha heats up. Candidates making fun of how Hilary dresses, those trendy coats of hers. Or, how about the latest Hilary faux pas giving the Civil Rights Movement credit to LBJ?

To add to the unknown of tonight's debate, an unknown is being allowed to participate: Dennis Kucinich; he even has a judge promising an injunction if he is not permitted to join the Vegas debate. That in itself is proving an interesting controversy. Should NBC be allowed to say who is or isn’t invited to the debate they are hosting on their channel? The begrudginly invited the unwanted guest to their party because they wanted the colorful and often tension-breaker Richardson on board. But, then he bailed out, and so NBC wanted to "uninvite" Kucinich.

Who can lead this country? I, for one, do not respect Hilary Clinton. I know it’s all politics, but I would’ve been more interested in backing her up if she left her cheating husband. It’s not as if he had one minor and quiet discretion. He is a liar and a cheater, and she would do far better in the common people world if she left the dog. Keeping him on his chain for political necessities (albeit, what any other politician would do), Hilary is a loser herself. I don’t want her to represent women as the first ever female president. I do believe that you can forgive your partner of a transgression, especially with lots of counseling and commitment. BUT, shame on you when you allow it to happen and choose to stayed married for convenience, not for the institution of marriage. WHY bother being married at all, then? We also know that the popular vote of the common people means NOTHING, but I will still vote and still voice my opinions.

Barrack…I have been an Obama fan for years now. I know he IS a politician, but there is something about the guy. Something. I think he is more the people president, in that he is receiving many endorsements from us regular folks (like me) involved in various regular folks sort of unions. I like him. He seems more real, less fake. He willingly admitted his drug use as a young man in his book The Audacity of Hope . Of course, the other side could say he only divulged that bit before someone else could uncover it. I don't really care. And, after the Iowa debate, I found myself connecting to Edwards, too. Plus I found Richardson just plain funny…great sense of humor. Of course, there are still the Republicans (BORING...let's keep the religion out of this, OK?), and really I am not interested. I am not a Democrat, more of an Independent. I vote the issues and the people.

1 comment:

AlienShack.com said...

'Aliens For Dennis Kucinich'

T-Shirts, Hats, Bumper Stickers, Mugs, Buttons, Magnets, Bags, Mousepads, Postcards, Teddy Bears, Yard Signs, and more are available at:


http://Kucinich.AlienShack.com

Show your Support for Dennis Kucinich with this unique design!!!