CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/01/15

Read this!

Just finished reading a SUPERB auto-biography! Terri Jentz wrote about her harrowing experience in Oregon back in ’77. The title of her book is A Strange Piece of Paradise. I had a friend lend it to me (had not heard of it before), and I LOVED it!

I have always had this weird (maybe grotesque, as in why we watch the horror movies) interest in reading true crime accounts, but this book is even better because it is from a point-of-view you don’t normally read about. And, as a reader, you are following right along in her investigation into the true perpetrator. I like the psychology of the book.

What a story! Terri really is a survivor. She writes about the tough stuff, especially like the capability of evil. I like how she realizes that a violent crime doesn’t only affect the victims, but her story is that of the community as well.

You can check out her site at: http://www.strangepieceofparadise.com/. She has an excerpt there, too.

No comments: