CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/06/04

Volunteers Light the Way!

     I wasn't able to attend the Volunteer Party last week at Virginia Grainger because I was busy in a union negotiations meeting, but I did receive my Volunteer certificate and the cute little keychain flashlight that says, "Volunteers Light the Way!"
     It's so true. Whatever little time you can give, it does make a big difference.
     It's so rewarding for me to work with kids one-on-one and give them extra support! I love doing little things for the teacher, too :)
     Another added benefit is KNOWING the kids with whom your kids attend school!
     As well, I have always been of the philosophy that parents and teachers should be partners in education!
     And, actually my volunteering experience when my boys were young and in preschool and elementary school, truly is what motivated me to become a teacher!
     Parents can volunteer in all sorts of ways. I am able to go in weekly, but I know some parents cannot do that because of their schedules.
     But, you can volunteer to go on field trips, bring snacks to class, help with special parties or activities, create a bulletin board, or you can even volunteer to take on a craft project at home (preparing it, cutting it, etc.).

2 comments:

15 Pogue Road said...

Trisha-
Words can't express how much I appreciate all you have done for me and my class this year! Thank you just doesn't seem enough!! I truly appreciate everything!!!

tRiShA said...

Michelle,
It's an honor to work with such a dedicated teacher. Our kids are so lucky to have someone who loves them so much :)