CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/06/02

Downright disgusted!

     I know that I am being judgemental. I know that I am not perfect. I know that I have made more than my share of mistakes.
     But, I am sick and tired of people making excuses for people who make mistakes that affect other people!
     I have a friend who is close to a family that lost their 9-year-old daughter due to a drunk driving accident!
     The father of this young girl was also critically injured, and he even had to have his leg amputated.
     Here's the kicker...THIS KILLER HAD 6 DUIS!!!!! (That's a link, click on the lighter colored font to read the latest.)
     Allow me to step up on my soapbox. Am I OK with even one DUI? NO, to be candid, not really. But, I could at least understand it, if a person had a DUI and then s/he changed her/his ways, NEVER, NEVER driving drunk again.
     I know people who have two or three DUIs, who have to have those machines in their cars to allow them to even drive. That's wrong. More than one DUI, and I say SHAME ON YOU, no more driving. You've proven that you don't care about the danger in which you are placing the innocent others out there on the road.
     Maybe I am bitter about it because it hits so close to home. I lost a close friend to a drunk driving accident the summer before my senior year. The pain of losing someone you love doesn't ever go away. Then to add to that a death that should've never happened, but did because one person made such a selfish decision.
     All I know is...Lisa, I am sorry that your friends have been dealt this tragedy. Thank you, though, for sharing the story with me, as it reminds me of how strongly I feel.

No comments: