CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/06/22

A week late, but Happy FATHER'S Day!

      So, last Sunday was Father's Day. I didn't blog last weekend because we returned from Silverwood, and I was pooped out!!
     Father's Day is one of my favorite holidays! We always make special presents for Rick, and make lots of phone calls to some of my favorite dads in this world!
      I am VERY fortunate to have the best dad ever!!! I have always been a Daddy's girl, and I am proud of that.
      He is also VERY close to all my kids! He loves being Grandpa Bubba, and I love every moment we spend together.
      He has given me so much, and he always has the best advice. I know that I am lucky, and I just appreciate having a dad like him.
      I have always been close to my daddy, and it doesn't change even when he is far away. Right now he is still in Texas dealing with tying up stuff related to my grandpa's estate.
      Speaking of...I miss my grandpa tons. This was the first Father's Day that I couldn't call him to tell him what a wonderful grandpa and daddy he is. That was sad, but I felt good thinking about him, and I pulled out my memory box of all sorts of things related to him (pictures, letters and cards he has sent, etc.).
      Rick is another incredible daddy! I love watching him with all of his kids and grandkids. He is ruff and gruff on the outside, but his kids melt his heart, and he is just a big kid on the inside. He's so proud of all of his kids, and I am proud of him for committing to being a better parent. He's also been such a support to both of my boys, something that Cody thanked him for when he came home after boot camp.
      My ex-husband is another good dad. He loves his kids, and I really appreciate that he has stood with me in our belief to parent our kids together and always keep them as the number one priority.
      My brother is a good daddy, too. That shouldn't be surprising since it's in his genes completely. He loves his little girl to the moon and back.
      All of these men (and, many of our friends, who I also admire as good dads), play with their kids, support them in every way imaginable, hug and love them, and most importantly be there for their kids, always.
      Thanks, DADS!!

No comments: