CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/06/01

“If a June night could talk, it would probably boast that it invented romance.”
~Bern Williams

     June, June, June. I am a June baby, and I just love June! It's the start of summer. It's the end of a school year. It's vacation. It's normally good weather. It's JUNE!
     It's kind of hard to believe that June is already here. This year will be half over at the end of this month...how can that be?
     I am super excited about what this summer will bring!!
     My birthstone is pearl, nice. And, the flower is rose or honeysuckle, and surprisingly I am not a HUGE rose fan. I like them, but I like other flowers more.
     June starts in Taurus and ends in Gemini (that's my sign). June is named after Juno, Roman goddess and wife of Jupiter.
     June has Father's Day and a holiday called Juneteenth that is only celebrated in twenty-six states, but it's a big deal in my homeland of Texas. It's basically the celebration of abolition. It is celebrated on June 19th.
     I love JUNE! One of my favorite sites allows you to click on each day of the month to find out what has happened in history; it's fun! Enjoy June, OK?!!

No comments: