CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/06/17

FANTASTIC book!!!

      I am cruising through the Outlander, the first in a series of six, with the seventh novel being written as we speak by Diana Gabaldon.
      This book rocks! I can't wait to read it, and I find myself reading it even while I wait for my coffee!!
     It reminds me quite a bit of a book that I read several years ago called The Time Traveller's Wife (by Audrey Niffenegger). I read that book in its entirety while riding a recumbent bike at the gym! And, I just found out it is coming out as a movie in December of this year!
     But, definitely this series is much more in depth and a different concept in the time traveling than the other book. BUT, here is one STRANGE kawinkidink, both of the main female characters in both stories are named Claire!! Hmmmm.
      Just remember my disclaimer about Outlander that the first forty-eight pages SEEM like they are boring and don't make sense, but once you hit page forty-nine, it picks up and EVERYTHING connects!
      I am so glad that I stuck with reading this book, and I am totally stoked to read them all this summer!
      That will be over 5,000 pages!!! Can't wait!!!

No comments: