CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/09/14

Winter?!

     The other day I was talking about how I never watch tv in the summer, and that now with fall upon us and all the new seasons and shows starting up, I am watching more and more of the boob tube.
     My friend Kendal mentioned that with winter coming, we will all be snowed in with nothing else to do but watch tv!
     That comment really sparked my thoughts. I have had many of the old-timers tell me that this winter is going to be bad!
     They note the wasps and flies as being worse than they have ever been.
     They talk about all the stuff happening around the world weather-wise, especially the hurricanes, and that now these devastating storms are moving farther inland.
     They bring up the wind how it's been more severe this fall than normal.
     So, people who want to be warm...stock up on your wood, your pellets, your blankets and flannel PJs, it might be a doozie (I looked up this word, by the way, and its etymology is interesting; it relates to a luxury car of the 1920s. And, it has different spellings.)!

1 comment:

Kendal said...

Oh great... thanks for the warning :0)