CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/09/14

Mixed feelings...

     I see all of these people who did not evacuate with Hurricane Ike on his way, and I feel different things about it.
     I feel angry that the rescue efforts are so huge, and I am sure quite expensive.
     I feel curious about the motivation of the people who stayed behind. Could they not go? Did they not have a way out? Were they afraid of looters? HOW SAD IS THAT...people use a disaster to steal from others!!??!
     I feel sad for all of the devastation. It truly does look like a bomb went off!
     My family is from Texas, and many family members still live there. Thankfully, they are very south and west, and seldom have to deal with hurricanes.
     But, as stubborn as many of them are, I think some of my own family might ignore evacuation orders, too.
     Who knows what I would do? I'm glad I don't have to make decisions like that.
     Rick always asks, "Why do people live in places where that stuff happens over and over again?"
     Good question.

No comments: