CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/05/04

The month of birthdays!!!

     My wonderful weekend started out early Friday when Cody called me! We had such a good conversation, and I so love to hear his voice!! I can hardly believe his birthday is in two more days!! He will be twenty. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
     This will be the first year that I won't for sure be able to talk to him on his birthday, although I am hoping he will be able to call.
     So, after talking to my oldest baby, I went and collected my youngest baby and four of her friends (thanks to my best friend for borrowing her suburban), and off we went to start our birthday party adventure!
     First we headed to the dollar store. I let each kid choose five things as their party favors! This was soooo much fun, and it turned out even better than I thought! Each kid had exactly what they wanted!!!!
     It was funny to watch them grab their five items, and then see something new that they wanted and compromise and put something back! Ahhhh...the torture of being a first grader with the world of a dollar store at your hands!!! LOL
     Since they knew we were headed to go swimming, many of them were excited about buying pool toys! Yeah, for noodles, right?!
     We loaded back up with our goodies, and we headed over to the Pepper Tree to really start the fun!
     The kiddos swam for SIX hours! They did stop for mini-breaks of grabbing a snack (again, THANKS KATHY), and pizza (yeah, Hometown delivers to businesses and hotels), or something to drink.
     Of course, when big brother Jordan made an appearance, the kids went ballistic. Talk about a water war!!! LOL! I laughed so hard!!! It was a blast, even for me the observer!
     They tried to talk dad into joining, but he was smart, and played it safe, like me!!!
     We opened presents (man, those kiddos were so generous), and then we took showers, and paraded around in our PJs. We had some birthday ice cream!
     Of course, we also had to have a serious bed jumping time, and then we snuggled in to watch some Nickelodeon.
     The kids were OUT at 10:30, and I had to wake them all up at 8 a.m. to head down to eat some breakfast.
     They even had a blast every time we were in the elevator, and everyone who was around us each different time, always commented on our group. Definite memories made!!!
     So, we made it home, and then had to get our little one ready to go to another sleepover for her good friend! For four of the girls, this was the second sleepover in as many days!!
     I also squeezed in a double-header of baseball in Chelan. Then we spent a kidless evening with our good friends, the Lockwoods, playing PHASE 10 (which I won, LOL)!!
     So, Sunday was definitely the mellow-get-some-stuff-done-and-relax day!!!!!
     Does the birthday fun end there? HECK NO! Like I said, we have Cody's birthday on Wednesday. We have some fun Mother's Day activities this week, and some other special events planned this weekend!!
     Then next week is our baby girl's official birthday, and Rick's birthday is the day after her special day, so WOWSER, do I have a big surprise for the two of them!!!!
     I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

15 Pogue Road said...

Love your Birthday party idea...might have to borrow it one of these birthdays! :-) The girls had a blast...they have still been talking about it all week! So FUN!