CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/05/14

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurprise!!!








     Everyone who knows me knows that I love, love, love surprises! I love being on both the giving and receiving end of them!
     I am not the best with surprises. In fact, if someone has a surpise for me, often s/he won't tell me because they know I will drive them nuts about it!!!!
     In short, I love surprises, but I am too impatient to wait for them, LOL!
     This goes for giving them, too. I sooooo want to spill the beans. It's so hard for me to wait.
     OK, so for our little one's birthday, and also for Ricky Roo's (the day after our daughter's), and I had something HUGE planned for quite some time!
     We first headed down to Wenatchee and stayed at a hotel. This was fun because staying at a hotel = jumping on bed and swimming until we prune up!
     And, extra special, our little one modeled her new swimsuit and fancy flip flops from her Grandpa Bob and Grandma Judy!!! Too cute!
     Well, to make a long story short, they had no idea what or where we were going, and the next day started early...4:30 p.m. because we took a train to Seattle!!!!
     This was so much fun! It was a trip of firsts :) First train ride for Ricky and our little one. First time for them to go to the Pacific Science Center. First Imax movie (and 3-D at that!). First time in a taxi for our little one. We hung out at the fountain, which she loved!!!!! And, of course, the obligatory Space Needle pic! LOL. We didn't go up because we ended up spending too much time at the Science Center, but that will make for a fun trip this summer!!

Papa and sister!


She's a budding photographer!!


Making the Paddle Wheel work!


Drawing a cool pic!


We loved the bugs!


We loved the butterflies, especially! Yeah, for the butterfly house!






Mouthful of popcorn and ready for the movie!


Gi-normous chair!



     On the train we ate breakfast in the dining car, and we met really cool people on the train! Our waitress gave our little one the cutest wolf paper pad for her birthday; that was so sweet!
     I'm not sure what was the biggest highlight of the train trip...the 7 1/2 mile tunnel (longest in the US), which our little one decided the lights were "tunnel fairies" or that it was a blizzard on top of Stevens Pass!
     It was just an all-around super fun day!
     When I talked to my son, who is twenty, on Mother's Day, I told him what I had planned as far as the birthday trip to Seattle on the train.
     You see, I did the same for him when he was a wee little tyke. And, it turns out it was his 7th birthday, too!! How crazy is that!?!
     He told me that his train birthday to Seattle was one of his all-time favorite birthdays, one of his best memories!!
     Like I said, I LOVE SURPRISES!

No comments: