CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/05/10

One of the best weekends ever!

     It started with dinner at the Peacock Lounge at the Davenport. Let me just say...I don't even want to know the calories. YIKES!




     And, I had ice cream and then some mushroom appetizer as my dinner! For real, LOL!
     We stayed in the Tower (I had stayed in the original hotel before, and I wanted to try out the new one), which is a Safari theme! Very fun, modern and just plain NICE.





     The beds are so soft. I love the turn down service, and the soft peanut brittle :)
     The concert...AMAZING! I have watched MANY concerts in my lifetime, probably been to close to 70 (really, should do a list sometime!).
     Celtic Woman was ONE OF THE BEST shows I have ever been to!!!!
     Everything was good. The singing was absolutely incredible!!!!! What a range. It almost seems impossible for people to have such voices.
     The instruments rocked! From the drums, to the guitars, piano, and OF COURSE the violin!!!!!!!
     The lights, the set, the everything.
     When I left the concert, I just felt like my heart was FILLED TO THE BRIM!!!!! Talk about the power of music.
     I had such a great time with great company (my mother-in-law).
     Then we hurried home, so I could catch Jordan's second game against Omak. I missed the first one Friday night, and Omak won that one.
     We did end up winning the game on Saturday, and it was intense and exciting. Jordan was hit around from second and he slid into home on a close play to win the game in the bottom of the 7th inning! I was VERY proud of him!!
     Then Saturday night we attended the Okanogan Athletic Boosters Club auction. That was a good time, and good food!!
     I kept track of the live auction, and they made over $8500 on that, so I imagine they must be up to close to $10,000 counting the slient auction and raffles. What a fun and SUCCESSFUL night :)
     Today was Mother's Day! I got to talk to my mom, and my son, who are both so far away! I spent time with my family and friends, and I just laughed and laughed!!!
     We got our baby girl back this evening, so my day is complete!!!
     We have a HUGE week ahead of us! Stay tuned :)

No comments: