CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/05/08

Mother's Day is coming!!!

     I feel like Mother's Day is coming early this year :)
     Last night we attended the Kindergarten/First Grade concert at our little one's elementary school.
     It was so sweet! It had a Hawaiian and Mother's Day theme happening. And, it culminated in our kids bringing a colorful lei to each mom!I am even wearing mine today!
      Then this morning we had Muffins for Moms in my step-daugther's class. And, I had a blast!
     You know, being a step-parent often sucks because the bio parent often feels territorial.
     I'm lucky that my step-daughter, who I truly consider my daughter, loves me so much.
     Here was the conversation I was a part of this morning.
     The little boy across from my little one asked, "Is that your aunt?" The reply, "No, this is my other mom." The boy said, "You have two Mommies?" Reply, "YES I DO!" The boy said, "Your're lucky!" Then another little girl sitting at our table said, "I think so, too!" Our my sweet little one had the biggest smile on her face!
     I was sitting at a table with two kids who didn't have a mom there, and meanwhile our little one had two! She is lucky! If only, everyone saw it that way, right?!
     I left the Muffins for Moms after our little one read a sweet letter to each of her moms :) With that letter and a pink rose in hand, I felt like I was floating on out of the school.
     I am so proud of her. I am so honored to be her second mom! I truly understand how adoptive parents feel. I get that genuine love for another person with whom you have no biological connection.
     Also, I received this super cute little sunflower that my baby girl planted at Daisy Scouts.


     Again, I feel so loved, so appreciated, and I am ever so grateful to the people in our little one's life, who truly understand the dynamics and make sure that she has the opportunity to show her love to me :)     Then I get back to my classroom, and I receive THE most beautiful bouqet of flowers, and they smell SOOO good!




     SO, they are from my son Cody who is a WORLD away!!! He was in cahoots with my youngest son, who got him the number to the local florist.
     His card said, "Mom, Thanks for making me feel at home, even though I'm so far away! I love you! Cody"
     Can you say...emotional moment :)
     I feel soooooooooo loved!!!!!! And, it's not even Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

15 Pogue Road said...

Wow...that whole muffins for mom's thing sounded pretty great...I wonder who that wonderful teacher is that put it on...LOL! :-) Sarah is lucky and a sweet pea! :-)

tRiShA said...

LOL!!! We have the best first grade teacher on the planet!!!! Can't wait for Donuts for Dads!