CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/12/30

Oscar's Paradise, right?!

     Something that always amazes me, every year at Christmas, is the intense amount of garbage.
     Between the wrapping paper, and the boxes with 78 zip ties, and other pieces of plastic, the mound of trash is a bit overwhelming! I keep telling Rick that we need to go on vacation for our Christmas and make memories instead of garbage!
     Plus, then we would have LESS stuff! But, for now, we aren't able to do that because of our shared custody situation.
     One year, my ex-husband and I did take the boys to Disneyland and Palm Springs the week before Christmas. Then they just each received ONE present from Santa.
     Honestly, that is one of the BEST Christmas times I have ever had, and the boys both agree with that, too.
     I can definitely see that as something in our future Christmas times.
     The only major problem with trying to do something like go somewhere is the weather is so unpredictable, and that could mean nightmare times in the airport!! LOL!
     I did read an interesting article about how Amazon is decreasing the amount of wrap and especially at eliminating the clamshell plastic casings that hold pieces into place.
     I realize that all of the packaging is related to security as well. But, for real, anything that you purchase online, why does it have to have the massive amount of wasteful packaging?
     Just something to think about...
     Well, if nothing else...my mission for next year is to decrease the amount of garbage. I am thinking more gift cards or homemade things. I did give some of those this year :)

No comments: