CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/04/18

Starbucks!

     Today Starbucks opened in Omak. I am in the camp that I am good with that. I enjoy the ambiance of the place, and the coffee is OK.
     I must say that I have local coffee stands that I like more. I love the Roadhouse Rooster, Pumphouse, and 2nd Street Espresso in Okanogan.
     I like the people that work at those places, and the coffee is EXCELLENT. But, they don't have sit down areas available; they are not coffee houses.
     I know we have a couple of quasi-sit down coffee places in town, but they aren't open on Sundays, and their focus is more about their retail than coffee customers sitting down and just hanging out.
     I have actually been buying my coffee this year from the Bulldog Barista. A senior at OHS opened the stand in our school!!
     So, I was the first paying customer this morning to welcome Starbucks to town. I was at their door at 4:55 waiting for them to open at 5:30. I actually wasn't alone.
     There was a threesome that drove down from Oroville, and they were there when I drove up, but they decided they wanted to wait in their warm car, and also jump over to McDonald's for breakfast, so they lost their place in line.
     I don't plan on frequenting Starbucks on a daily basis, as I will continue to support the local coffee stands.
     Instead I plan on hitting Starbucks maybe once a week with a girlfriend. Yeah!

No comments: