CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/04/11

Just the right movie!

     Movies lately...Well, tonight Rick and I went to see Leatherbacks, and we both hands down LOVED it! It is one of the best movies I have watched in a long time. Maybe we were both just in the right mood, and so it struck the right chord, I don't know. But, it was just the right movie for the right now.
     I love history. I love football. (And, to mention that I do think George Clooney is dashingly handsome) All of that pretty much makes the movie a good one on my list.
     We also have watched a few other videos lately. One such movie was actually a book that I read, and then a book that my boys and I listened to on tape. I must say that it made a superb transition to the screen, Into the Wild.
     Then believe it or not we rented Alvin and the Chipmunks, so I said for my step-daughter, but we watched it last Sunday (the day my G-Pa passed away), and it was just the right movie for the day. Very cute.
     Rick and I were talking about how since Alvin and the Chipmunks has been around for 50 years, that today's generation of kids aren't even aware of the cartoon version!! CRAZY!
     A couple of weeks ago we also watched Idiocracy. I liked this movie a lot because I appreciate the satire of it all!
     The only movie that we watched that I did not particularly like was Southland Tales. Maybe it's because it is a science fiction/fantasy type of movie. I understood the basic concept of the movie, the whole time dimension and travel bit, but I didn't really get the movie as a whole. Sort of like when it was over, I was wondering WHY someone would make it. There are some big names in it, but that didn't make it that much better, and there were SOME interesting and funny parts in it.
     We also have a couple of movies sitting by the DVD right now, that I am guessing that we will catch in the next couple of days: Sweeney Todd, There Will Be Blood, and Dan In Real Life.
     I love movies.

No comments: