CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/04/26

Apple Blossom, BABY!

     I love Apple Blossom in Wenatchee. I have quite a history with it, and it just holds a special place in my heart.
     I love how the hills around Wenatchee blossom with all the apple trees in bloom; it really is gorgeous.
     My Apple Blossom experiences: In high school, we would drive down from Oroville and cruise. Cruising was what it was all about! It was back in the hold days when cruising took forever; you would cruise a mile in an hour because everyone cruised the avenue which at the time was two way traffic (now, it's been change on cruising nights to one way only).
     Then my first official Apple Blossom of living down there was during my senior year. However, I missed ALL the festivities because Cody was born that day!
     I won't ever forget the princesses (Rosie, Amy and Erin) coming to visit me in the hospital when I was in labor. They came directly from the parade, still in their beautiful gowns.
     That was always something I went to watch, the royalty selection, every year when I lived down in the valley. It was always a fun pageant.
     I personally think that the Apple Blossom parade is one of the best parades around (Of course, I love the Lilac torchlight parade in Spokane, too.), and I have lost count of how many times that I have been.
     I remember the first time we took my step-daughter, and she was three and she just boogied to every band that came by!
     I like the Kiddie Apple Blossom weekend (which is happening this weekend), but not nearly as much as what happens next weekend!
     I love the Classy Chassis parade of old cars in East Wenatchee, and we usually go and check them out up close on Saturday after we have spent most of the day over in Wenatchee.
     Of course, you can't go to Apple Blossom and not check out the food fair and crafts at the courthouse lawn. Then, you add in the carnival down at River Front, and you are one exhausted bunch of people!
     When I think of Apple Blossom, I remember the year that the boys ran in the fun run, and it was Cody's birthday. TOO cute!
     Or, how about the many times we road to the parade and then sat on the fire truck to watch it all.
     I can't wait to go next weekend; I usually see lots of people that I love and know, so it's a fun day! Hopefully the weather will be super nice then, too!
     I love this time of the year!

No comments: