CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2012/02/16

Thursday??? How can it be already Thursday?

So, today as I was driving down to Wenatchee for a root canal, I was thinking about all sorts of things!

FIRST--I was remembering when I commuted DAILY (Monday through Friday) from Leavenworth to Ellensburg to go to college to earn my HS English teaching degree. Those were crazy times! Then on the weekends, I worked up on Stevens Pass, so I was on one of the two major passes in our state seven days a week!! So, today I was feeling thankful that I don't have to commute to work or school or anything. I know how old that gets, and it feels like such a time waster. I did always listen to books on tape, and one full year, I organized an INCREDIBLE car pool, so that was cool because on days I wasn't driving I did lots of homework! BUT, overall--those years of driving, I DO NOT MISS! I then was thinking about when Ricky used to commute over to Twisp every day for work(M-F), and how I am so APPRECIATIVE he doesn't do that anymore either!! MAN...and to top it off, at least back in those days, we were not paying what we pay now for gas!!! I don't envy ANYONE who has a commute!

SECOND--I was thinking about how when Rick and I first started dating, and I was still living in Leavenworth, I would stay the weekend up here, and the boys and I would get up on Monday morning and drive back home before school! That seems so long ago!!! It was 8 years ago...sheesh, time flies when you are dancing your butt off! I feel very thankful that I found a teaching job up here, and that I took the chance to move here. I have such a good life. GOOD FAMILY. GOOD FRIENDS. GOOD JOB. GOOD.

No comments: