CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2012/02/28

Perspective.

Today- Tuesday
I am thankful for EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE! Today Frieda Soury, a Holocaust survivor, came to my 8th grade classes. She is an incredible woman. She is so inspiring, humble, and full of hope and understanding of this world. I am so honored to have met Frieda, and this is the second time she came to my class. I feel so fortunate. I am so proud that my kiddos met her! Their questions were so honest and thoughtful. YUP, days like these, I LOVE BEING A TEACHER!!! I laughed. I cried. My heart felt the love in the room. WOW!

I did ask her what she was most thankful for, and she said: "My health. I don't think I am doing too bad for 83. I am thankful to be alive, and sometimes I feel sad because I don't know why I am. I am happy that I have had a good life with good family." Later she also told the kids that she has always appreciated clean sheets, warm water, food, and a bed, since she did live without for so long.

FOREVER thankful, I am.

No comments: