CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2011/04/29

Dr. Carol Downey

Tomorrow is Carol's memorial...
This is what I am printing out to include in her memory book there.

Dr. Carol Downey –
I can hardly believe she is gone. I cherish her as one of my friends. She was such an amazing lady. She was our vet, too. Her compassion when our first horse died demonstrated her huge heart. Rick was overwhelmed and yet, she stood by his side through the entire process. And, when the bill came, it didn’t include her time, though we would have gladly paid it, as we felt it was PRICELESS.

I was lucky enough to know Carol outside of the vet world, though her job allowed us to spend time together, too. We had some of the best conversations that I have ever had. What an intelligent woman, Carol was! I will remember our deep musings about love, relationships, parenting, and even brain theory! She answered and helped me with any question I had about riding and my new horse. And, when he was sick and I was so scared, she was willing to think outside the box, and she saved him because of that!

We shared fellowship through meals. I loved our lunch and dinner dates. We always had good food and incredibly lively chatting. We shared a love for her daughters. I love them both, and am especially close to Nadine because of our time together when she was the editor for the yearbook. I consider those girls my adopted daughters, and I knew that I would love Carol because I loved her babies!

My only regret…we had always talked about going for a trail ride. Carol so missed riding, and she had no one to go with her. We just never got around to it, and that makes me sad. Last week I went for my first trail ride of the year, and I was thinking of her often, wishing she was riding along next to me, but realizing she was with me in my heart.

I would love to organize a memorial trail ride in her honor…maybe that’s something I could do this summer.

I miss you, Carol. Thank you for teaching me life lessons about finding your passion, and remembering to keep life balanced.

LOVE YOU,


Trisha Bradley and Rick Roach

No comments: