CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/02/16

Wow! So long, indeed!

      The last time I posted here...January 25th! So much has been happening since then for sure!
      I've Twittered some (over in the left column), but that's been about it.
      Ironic, huh? A talker who is not talking. Go figure.
      Let's see if I can get you up to speed. Well, let's first talk about the play!
      Our show was incredible (last blog)!!! The kids pulled it off, as they always do. They were such a talented bunch.
      The show itself made me laugh, cry, and just think about life in general.
      Several people who came and saw the show did have tears themselves. Good storyline and strong acting can evoke those intense emotions.
      My favorite moment during our run was just following our matinee. A group of older ladies (in their 70s and 80s) had made a special day of it by going to lunch at the Breadline and then coming to our show.
      All of these ladies came up to the actors and me in absolute gratitude. They had tears in their eyes as they told us that thie play will forever leave an impression on their hearts. They thanked us all.
      And, as they walked away, I looked at these incredible teenagers and reminded them what gifts they all are...what powerful talents they have and are willing to share with others. Man, talk about a PROUD moment!!
      The only thing that saddened me about the show was the lack of attendance. I was surprised at how many people did not come to the show, especially our own employees in the District, and yet, I saw so many of them at the home basketball games prior and after the running of the show.
      I realize it will take time, but I am committed to remind people how valuable the arts are and should be!!
      The best part of it all was remembering just how much I love drama and directing shows! I can't wait for our next one now!

No comments: