CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/01/25

The play!!!!


     I am really excited!!! I am directing the play for Okanogan High School, and we perform this upcoming week, which means that it will be a BUSY and long week, but rewarding :)
     The show is All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, and it's based on the book of the same title by Robert Fulghum, who happens to be a Seattle-based author.
     I got the idea to do this show from my GOOD friend Susan Gubsch who is now the director for the drama program at Cashmere High School (my old gig). They just performed this show this past fall.
     We have a talented bunch of kids involved in this show! They are such positive kids, too, lots of fun to be around :)
     Our rehearsals have ALL been filled with some of the silliest moments that are full of uncontrollably laughter (and even some snorts, ahem).
     Directing again reminds me of how much I missed drama!!!
     This show is so poignant! It really is about all the important lessons in life, that we learned back in Kindergarten, but often forget when we become grown-ups.
     It's really summed up well in the...
Kindergarten Creed
Share.
Play fair.
Don’t hit people.
Don’t take things that don’t belong to you.
If you hurt someone, say you’re sorry.
Clean up your own mess.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Hold hands and stick together when you cross the street.
Flush.
Live a balanced life.
Be aware of wonder.
LOOK.
     Hope to see you there! Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 7 p.m., and a matinee on Sunday at 1 p.m. Tickets are available at Grandma's Attic and Rawson's.

No comments: