CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2008/10/12

Perfect weekend!

     It feels like this weekend has gone on for days! LOL, but I say that in a good way!
     Thursday I drove to Leavenworth, watched Jordie play football, and then he came and stayed with me at my best friend Marti's house. That was a good time, as always!
     Then I drove home and got all ready to go to Chelan with the cheerleaders and our rooter bus to go to the football game. Unfortunately we lost the game, but we have good fans, and it was a good time! Jordie came up to the game and rode back with us on the rooter bus, yeah!
     Saturday we went to the Autum Leaf Walk. I loved doing that! This year was my first time, and I definitely know it will not be my last. My cheerleading team and our Bulldog went, so we had a super time with everyone. What I really liked about the walk the most was just seeing so many friends from the community there! It felt like one big get together.
     It's so amazing to me how many people I have met and know! I know I have said this before but I feel my family and I are so loved and accepted here! Good people all around us.
     Yesterday after we got home from the walk, we messed around the house, and then we took Jordie back to Chelan. We always have fun car rides! Ricky went with us, and he just cracks me up.
     After we returned from the Chelan trip, we went and rode horses. I saddled my horse all by myself, and I was able to mount no problem. We went out for a long ride. Then we galloped up and down hills...what a blast!
     I have trotted a lot, and I have done some galloping, but not like yesterday! Yeehaw! I found out that I love that feeling of reckless abandon!!!
     When we returned home, I was about out of breath with all the excitment, and I decided to ride Joe in the field more, so I galloped him all around. I was laughing so hard because it was such fun, well, maybe nervous fun! I told Rick that riding Joe like that felt like as if I were driving a motorcycle on the road at 80 mph with NO hands!!!!
     I know I am an andrenaline junky, but my oh my! I can really get into this horse riding!!
     My saddle is too small. I have found the exact saddle I want, and I am saving the money to buy it, but for now, I just use the one we have. However, I know I will feel safer when I have a saddle that fits properly.
     After our horseback riding, we did a bunch of winterizing around the place, and some other chores.
     Our very good friends, the Lockwoods called, and we headed over to their home. We always have fun when we go to their place! We laughed, chatted, listened to big hair bands, and played Phase 10, which the girls kicked butt, of course.
     I am excited for the fun things upcoming that we planned, liked going to the Taste of Two Valleys auction (this is a tradition for us),and then we are going to a fun Halloween party! Gotta start working on the costume ideas!
     Today I was a BUM! I slept in until after 11! I can't remember the last time I did that. WOW, what a treat.
     I mostly lounged around, and then finally I went out and saddled Joe and headed out for a ride on my own. It was perfect weather and so relaxing.
     I came home and did stuff that I needed to in order to prepare for the busy week ahead. And, boy it's busy!
     Now, we have the little one tucked away and fast asleep, after our nightly reading, and Ricky and I are watching E.T. (I forgot how much I LOVE this movie.)
     Perfect, indeed.

No comments: