CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2011/05/22

Motorcycle MAMA :)


     People who know me well, know that I have LOVED riding on the back of a motorcycle for years, about 15 or so. I decided to learn how to drive last year at the end of the summer, and so Rick bought me a cute little Honda Shadow, a perfect bike to learn on!
     Then, this past winter I decided to use my tax return and buy myself my very own big girl bike! I bought an ER-6 Kawasaki 650r!!! She is absolutely BeAuTiFuL!!! And, for that reason I have named her Belle :)

     The weekend of Mother's Day I took the motorcycle training course, and it was AWESOME! I can't believe all that I learned about driving a motorcycle!! I aced the written test with 100%, and the driving test with the same :)) Woot woot, smart motorcycle mama!!
     The past two weekends following the class, we have gone on some decent rides, and I can't believe the practical difference I feel from after taking the class compared to prior. I LOVE CURVES AND CORNERS now!!!!!!
     I love the freedom I feel being on my motorcycle! It's amazing. I feel so confident and alive :)
     The scenery is so beautiful everywhere we go! Whether we go for a quick ride up to Salmon Meadows or a longer ride up passed Omak Lake, around to Nespelem, over to Republic and Keller and back around through Tonasket home, a nice 200-mile ride.
     We saw wild turkeys, deer, lots of baby horses and cows, longhorn cattle, pigs, and a GI-NORMOUS bear!!!! He was so big that when I first saw him, I thought he was a strange-looking horse. HELLO!!!

     I also love the smells when we ride!! Up in the mountains, it smells fresh, crisp, and like pine!!! Ahhhh, so relaxing :)

     I am excited because Ricky also bought a new bike (so, he has two including his big cruiser), and we are planning so super cool (and, longer) adventures this summer! I can't wait to drive some of the rides that I have been the passenger for so many years on, like the North Cascades Highway!!! That will be a fun one, for sure!
     I look forward to the many miles that I will add to my bike. So, far I have 2000 already!!!!!

     I am pretty dang proud of myself for accomplishing this! I can mark a couple of things off my bucket list: Learning to drive a motorcycle and buy my own bike!

No comments: