CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/07/08

Play dates!

     When I grew up, even though we moved A LOT (13 times from Kindergarten through my senior year), we always lived in town, and thankfully always in a neighborhood with a bazillion kids!
     Even when I lived in Cashmere, Leavenworth, and Peshastin as an adult, my kids still lived near lots of kids, so playing just happened so naturally.
     Now, that I live on a farm, I was just reflecting how instead of just playing with the neighbor kids (there are NONE), we make play dates!
     This actually takes some planning and coordinating, and truly some commitment, if you want to make it happen regularly.
     SO, this summer we have had a ZILLION play dates up at our house! It's so much fun!!!
     I guess I sorta took for granted all the things we have to do up here, and that it's such a different experience for the kids who come to play, since they all live in neighborhoods with lots of kids.
     We ride horses, have picnics, play on the trampoline, turn the slide into a waterslide, play on the swings, play in the water, etc.
     I love the sound of children's laughter! And, when we play up at our house, it's so fun to observe how creative the kids are and how much they can use their imaginations to have a blast!
     And, what I really like...everything is UNPLUGGED and very active :)
     You can check out our private blog to see some fun pics of our recent play dates!!     I really feel blessed to have such an incredible home and playground :)

No comments: