CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2009/07/08

I love to cook!!!!

     Got a Dutch oven for my birthday this year, and I LOVE IT! I used it for the first time this past weekend when went horse camping!!!
     I made some of the most YUMMY (and moist) chicken EVER!! I added biscuits, so it was just like chicken and dumplings!
     We went for a hike while it was cooking, and when we came back we could SMELL the chicken...TO DIE FOR!
     And, what is it about eating when you are up in the mountains? Everything tastes intensely tasty!!
     I also made a peach cobbler :) It was so easy and yummy, WOW!
     OK, if you google Dutch oven recipes, you will find a zillion! I wish I would've thought to take pics of the food! Next time!

Easy Chicken and Dumplings:
Chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1 big can of Cream of Chicken soup
2 cups of Chicken broth
can of biscuits
seasonings :)

Mix soup and broth together, add chicken breasts, then last 20 minutes add biscuits.

Peach Cobbler
2 big cans of peaches (next time I am going to try a different fruit, maybe cherries)
1 box of cake (I used white)
1/3 stick of butter
cinnamon

Dump cans in, dump cake in and spread all over the peaches, add cinnamon, and cut up butter and drop in all over.

No comments: